Designed and produced exclusively for Adventure Ready, the Tailgate Cutting Board for Toyota Tacoma takes only about 10 minutes to install and is incredibly useful and durable. Logo is embedded in driver’s side, two drink holders in the passenger side. Drip groove around cutting area for catching juice, keeping your truck and campsite clean. Just wipe clean with disinfecting wipes before and after each use.
Mounting Instructions for Tacoma Tailgate Cutting Board
NOTE: Tailgate liner is fiberglass – USE HAND AND RESPIRATORY PROTECTION!
- Remove all 8 Screws along the outer edge and top of the Tailgate Liner, leaving the tailgate end cap in place. Save hardware as you will need them to reinstall the liner.
- Remove the 4 Screws in the Tailgate Liner at the bottom – (You Will Not need the Middle 4 Screws during reinstall but save them if you plan to remove the cutting board in the future and need to re-secure your tailgate liner).
- Remove Tailgate Liner from vehicle and place right side up on work bench.
- OPTIONAL: clean surface and put a coat of wax on tailgate interior surface.
- Center cutting board onto Tailgate Liner by inserting bolts in two opposite places, aligning cutting board with tailgate liner (make sure the cutting board covers all the slots and channels on the liner.)
- Using a 6mm Drill bit, drill the holes thru the cutting board into the Tailgate Liner in the 4 corners and middle top of tailgate liner.
- Remove cutting board to vacuum/wipe off Tailgate Liner after drilling.
- OPTIONAL: Use thin bead of RTV adhesive/sealant around underside edge of cutting board before final installation to prevent any spillage or dust leaking under cutting board.
- Using the included Hardware, mount the cutting board to the Tailgate Liner with the recommended procedure below:
NOTE: Do not tighten the M6 Phillips Pan Head Screws until you have all 5 installed, then tighten gently.
CAUTION: Do not over-tighten but just lightly snug down the hardware or you risk busting out the holes in the cutting
board or pulling the hardware thru the board.
a. Install in Center 3 Holes in Cutting Board at top of Tailgate the following: Put one M6 Phillips Pan Head Screws thru top
of cutting board with 1 Silver Flat Washer and a M6 Nyloc Nut under the Tailgate Liner.
b. Install in each hole at the Bottom of Tailgate corners of cutting board the following: Put one M6 Phillips Pan Head Screw
and Large Black Flat Washer thru the top of each corner hole with 1 Silver Flat Washer and a M6 Nyloc Nut under the Tailgate
c. Once all 5 M6 Phillips Pan Head Screws are installed, gently tighten them snug.
- Re-install Tailgate Liner with cutting board attached onto vehicle tailgate, ensuring the tailgate liner dovetails underneath the tailgate cap at the top.
- Place the 4 M6 30mm Hex Head Screws that came with the cutting board in the 4 holes at the bottom of the cutting board
working from the middle out. Do not tighten yet.
- Tighten snug but not overly tighten the 8 outer edge factory screws holding the tailgate liner onto the tailgate.
- Now tighten gently the 4 Screws holding the Cutting board at the bottom of the tailgate liner. Use Caution so you don’t pull the screws thru the cutting board.
Now pour yourself a beverage and step back and admire your work and the awesome cutting board from Adventure Ready.
Cleaning Instructions: Your board can be cleaned with hot soapy water and or with disinfectant wipes. Do not use solvents or
chemical based cleaners on this food grade HDPE cutting board.